Discover Organic CBD Product FAQs
What is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol, one of many phytocannabinoids found in cannabis. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. Additionally, independent research, along with consumer feedback, has demonstrated numerous benefits for human and dog and cat health. In hemp, CBD is found in a much higher concentration than any other cannabinoid.
How does CBD work?
CBD works synergistically with your body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS) to supplement the naturally occurring cannabinoids in your system. When CBD is absorbed by the body, it increases the endocannabinoid system’s ability to promote a balanced internal environment. Consuming CBD products can help you maintain a regular level of CBD in your system that promotes optimal wellness.
What are Cannabinoids?
This is a group of fatty compounds found in hemp, other plants, and even the human body. Cannabinoids from plants are referred to as phytocannabinoids. Cannabinoids produced by the human body are called endocannabinoids. The prefix Phyto means plant, while endo- means that it comes from within. Phytocannabinoids are the main chemical compounds produced by the cannabis plant.
What are Phytocannabinoids?
Phytocannabinoids are naturally occurring cannabinoids found in Hemp plants. Phyto means derived from plants. Phytocannabinoids from the Hemp plant include CBD, CBG, CBN, THC, and various others found in extremely small amounts.
What is Full-spectrum CBD Oil?
Full-spectrum CBD oil contains trace amounts of other phytocannabinoids including THC (less than 0.3%), and various terpenes (depending on the strain). All these organic compounds work synergistically providing a theoretically fuller therapeutic effect than Broad-spectrum CBD (THC-Free), or CBD Isolate (also THC-Free).
If a label says Full-spectrum CBD Oil but you have doubts, read the independent lab results. That should be available on the vendor’s website. The lab results will give you the percentages of phytocannabinoids present, or not present in the formulation. E.g., for any type of THC “0.3% or less” should be the amount listed.
What is Broad-spectrum CBD Oil?
Broad-spectrum CBD Oil contains trace amounts of other phytocannabinoids excepting THC. It also includes various terpenes (depending on the strain). Just to be clear, Broad-spectrum CBD Oil contains ZERO % THC.
If a label says Broad-spectrum CBD Oil but you have doubts, read the independent lab results. That should be available on the vendor’s website. The lab results will give you the percentages of phytocannabinoids present, or not present in the formulation. E.g., for any type of THC “ND” (for none detected) should be the amount listed.
What is CBD Isolate?
The strict definition of CBD Isolate is it's CBD without any other phytocannabinoids including THC. It also has no terpenes or any of the other organic compounds that might be found in Industrial Hemp, Pharmaceutical, or Food Grade Hemp.
Some manufacturers consider CBD Isolate anything CBD and other phytocannabinoids excepting THC. Terpenes are not part of the formulation.
If a label says CBD Isolate but you have doubts, read the independent lab results. That should be available on the vendor’s website. The lab results will give you the percentages of phytocannabinoids present, or not present in the formulation. E.g., for any type of THC “ND” (for none detected) should be the amount listed. Again, the amount of phytocannabinoids besides THC may vary depending on how the manufacturer defines CBD Isolate.
What are Terpenes?
Terpenes are the organic compounds that are responsible for the distinctive fragrances of plant products from citrus fruits to pine trees to Hemp and Marijuana. In Hemp, there are currently, about eleven terpenes that have been found at high enough concentrations to justify or even think about research. Out of those eleven terpenes, there are six that are available in even moderate-sized concentrations.
What is the Entourage Effect?
Assume you have CBD, other cannabinoids including THC (less than 0.3%), and terpenes are present from the original plant. You have the Entourage effect when all of those elements are working together, creating an enhanced positive impact. Using real Hemp terpenes with CBD provides the maximum benefits.
What are CBD and CBG Wellness Products?
CBD and/or CBG Wellness Products are a combination of phytocannabinoids and terpenes, or phytocannabinoids, terpenes, and herbal supplements formulated to ease a specific condition or symptom. Examples include:
- Gel capsules are specifically formulated for a night of deep, restful sleep.
- Capsules are specifically formulated for pain management.
- Tincture specifically formulated for improving daily brain function and your energy level
Keep reading so you can continue to Discover Organic CBD Product FAQs and learn even more.
Miscellaneous CBD Topics
What is the Endocannabinoid system?
Cannabinoid receptors located throughout the body are part of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). The ECS is involved in a variety of physiological processes including appetite, mood, metabolism, hormone regulation, immune response, and memory.
What is CBD Bioavailability?
This is the percentage or fraction of an administered dose of a CBD or CBG that enters the bloodstream when introduced into the body that has an active effect. Different methods of taking a CBD or CBG define the approximate level of bioavailability. E.g. Gummies have the lowest level of bioavailability vaping has the highest.
How do I consume CBD Oil Tinctures?
- Shake the Tincture bottle before using it.
- Before removing the dropper top, squeeze the top to fill the dropper.
- Place the oil under your tongue and hold for 1-2 minutes.
- The longer you hold the oil under your tongue, the more your body will absorb with greater bioavailability.
- You can also mix hemp extract tincture in a beverage.
- Follow the same steps above except dispense the oil into your drink, stir, and consume.
Where can I find the Certificate of Analysis (AKA Independent Lab Results) for your products?
COAs can be conveniently found on the individual product page, in the tab marked Independent Lab Results.
What is the difference between Hemp and Marijuana?
- Beyond the physical difference, Hemp and Marijuana are different plants with different biochemical characteristics.
- In a broad sense, Hemp and Marijuana can both have a positive impact on your health, physical and mental. However, each has a broad range of varying benefits. Too broad to be covered here.
- THC is the psychoactive ingredient on Marijuana that gets you high. Hemp-based products have no more than 0.3% THC which is not even remotely enough THC to get you high. Marijuana sold today frequently has at least 15% THC and that will definitely get you high.
- Hemp was de-scheduled by the DEA in September 2018 and is 100% legal. For some bizarre reason(s) that I’m sure only makes sense to the DEA, Marijuana is still considered a Schedule 1 drug by the DEA. A schedule 1 drug is considered highly dangerous and addictive. Like I said, bizarre.
- Marijuana has now attained varying forms of legality in different states and municipalities but is still considered illegal by the Federal government in some states. Legislation has been introduced in Congress and many states legalizing Marijuana.
- Groovy Hemp Company only provides hemp-based products. We do NOT provide any products with more than 0.3% THC.
Do I need a Medical Marijuana Card to order from Groovy?
You do not need a Medical Marijuana card to order from Groovy Hemp Company. We only sell hemp-based products (CBD or CBG) or herbal supplements. We do not sell any product with more than 0.3% THC. In fact, many of our products are THC-Free.
Do I need a prescription to order from Groovy?
Groovy Hemp Company does not provide any pharmaceuticals of any type. All our products are classified as nutraceuticals, AKA nutritional supplements.
Do you prescribe a kind of CBD for a specific Condition?
Because we are not physicians, we are prohibited from diagnosing or prescribing anything. If you have a medical condition or are concerned that you might have a medical condition, make an appointment with your physician and keep that appointment. Do not go on the Internet and self-diagnose and especially do not self-medicate.
Can CBD cure COVID19?
CBDs will not cure or prevent Coronavirus-2019 (AKA COVID19). Do not believe anyone who says CBDs will cure or prevent coronavirus. It is fake science at its worst. Actually, it’s an out and out con job. The FDA has sent multiple “cease and desist” letters to various companies making those claims and, in some cases, taken them to court.
CBD for Pets
Can my Dog or Cat use CBD?
Your pet has an Endocannabinoid system so CBD could be beneficial. However, anything you purchase for your dog or cat must be formulated specifically for their anatomy and physiology.
How should I administer CBD to my dog or cat?
- Tincture should be mixed in their food.
- I would not recommend that you attempt to directly administer Tincture under the tongue of your dog and cat, especially your cat. That would appear to have a very low probability of success.
- Treats should be managed the way you manage other pet treats
Payments and Shipping
What type of payments does Groovy Hemp Company take?
Groovy Hemp Company accepts all four major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We also accept Hypur, the 21st Century ACH.
How long does it take to receive my purchased items?
You can expect a delivery time of 2-3 business days after purchase. Please note that processing your order may take up to 1 business day. Tracking information from the carrier is generally available within 24 hours. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive the USPS tracking number so you will know the delivery date and approximate delivery time.
Does Groovy Hemp Company ship to all 50 states?
Groovy Hemp Company ships our products to all 50 states. All provided CBD or CBG products are manufactured from hemp that has less than 0.3% THC. Because all provided products contain less than 0.3% THC, we are allowed by U.S. federal law to conveniently ship to your doorstep.