In-depth Article: Learn About CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness Relief
Just Had a Really Tough Workout?, Try CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness Relief
Hemp-based Topicals (CBD Topicals) are Organic CBD Wellness products that are always in demand. There are multiple good reasons to use a CBD Oil Topical. They fall under two general classifications:
- For managing muscular soreness or pain. This could also apply to connective tissue (e.g., tendons and ligaments). These are Balms, Salves, Patches, and Bath Bombs.
- For managing skincare. Because this type of product is only used externally and applied directly to the skin it could be considered a topical. However, in practice, a lot of CBD stores including groovyhempcompany.com will list skincare products under Beauty and Skincare or Personal Care. At Groovy Hemp Company, we list skincare products under Personal Care,
CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness, Some Basic Info
To keep things simple, I will refer to CBD formulations used for managing muscular soreness or pain as Topicals or CBD Topicals. There are five basic types of CBD Topicals. Because there is overlap there is no simple way to classify them. The following are guidelines, not specific descriptions that define a product class.
- Salves. These are thick and paste-like formulations that frequently include wintergreen or menthol. The wintergreen and menthol are not there because they smell good. They help the CBD get past the skin so it can help ease the soreness in muscles and joints. Salves are used all over the body, anywhere there is muscular or joint soreness. Because it is a thicker formulation, a salve can be used in heavy concentrations in specific areas. Salves can be Full-spectrum or THC-Free.
- Balms and Lotions Part 1. These are thinner formulations and are frequently applied via a roll-on. These formulations frequently include wintergreen or menthol. Again, the wintergreen and menthol are not there because they smell good. They help the CBD get past the skin so it can help ease the soreness in muscles and joints.
- Balms and Lotions Part 2. Because it is a thinner formulation, a balm can be used on larger areas of the body than a salve. Because it is a thinner formulation, a balm cannot be applied as heavily as a salve. These can be Full-spectrum or THC-Free. A CBD manufacturer might refer to a balm as a lotion. In fact, both more than likely will contain ingredients that will help nourish your skin. What you need to look for on the label is some type of language that indicates the formulation is for joint and muscular soreness.
- Patches. These are used in small, very specific areas for an extended length of time. Work under the assumption that you only need a patch for an area that is very sore. If you do not see improvement from using the patch over a reasonable period of time, (a few days max) consult with a medical professional. Patches can be Full-spectrum or THC-Free.
- Creams Part 1. The formulation for a cream will fall somewhere between a salve and a balm/lotion. It can be applied in heavier concentrations than a balm but not quite as heavy as a salve.
- Creams Part 2. In many cases, a cream will also be very useful for skin repair and restoration. A fair proportion of the time creams will be used for skin care as opposed to joint and muscular soreness. In some cases, you might use the cream for pain. It frequently depends on the circumstance. Creams can be Full-spectrum or THC-Free.
- Bath Bombs or Fizzies. As you would expect, a bath bomb or fizzy is a concentrated, dry formulation that is used when you soak in a bathtub. Where a patch is used in a very specific area, a bath bomb or fizzy is designed to create generalized relief for your entire body. Bath Bombs or Fizzies can be Full-spectrum or THC-Free.
CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness, Some Specific Info
With CBD Topicals, you can be generous with the amount of Salve, Balm, Lotion, or Cream you apply to the affected area. It’s always a good idea to clean the affected area first.
One suggestion is to apply the topical after you take a shower or bath. That will allow the CBD to penetrate joints and muscles a little bit faster.
As you can see from the CBD Topicals product category descriptions, there is a certain amount of ambiguity in classifying a formulation. At this point, there is no clear-cut set of standards for defining a product or formulation.
Once again, read the label and especially read the ingredients. If you are buying online, look for a list of ingredients and an independent lab result (also known as a COA).
Please keep in mind that a CBD Oil Topical is for external use only and under no circumstance should they be ingested.
If you have small children in the house, keep your CBD Topicals locked away in a cabinet, high off the ground that small children cannot get to. In fact, if you have small children keep ALL CBD products locked away in a cabinet, high off the ground.
With very few exceptions, each CBD or CBG product has an independent lab result readily available on the product page.
When it comes to identifying Muscle Soreness Relief Solutions our customers come first and that’s why we only sell products that are lab-tested for safety, purity, and CBD CBG Oil content.
They are sourced from organic Industrial or Pharmaceutical grade Hemp and are free from any form of pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, or chemical solvents.
CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness, Some Science
For a comprehensive, much more scientific look at CBD Topicals and related topics read the following article. “Topical cannabidiol (CBD) in skin pathology – A comprehensive review and prospects for new therapeutic opportunities”
This article was published online on May 10, 2022, on the NIH National Library of Medicine website.
Authors and contributors to this article include Corresponding author – Lehlohonolo Makhakhe, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Health Science, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa. The South African Institute of Dermatology, Bloemfontein, South Africa.
The above researcher wrote a thoroughly researched, documented well-informed, very detailed medical science-oriented article on CBD Topicals and related medical topics.
This is an article well worth reading. (Tap or click to read the entire article).
For a more visual look at CBD, Groovy Hemp Company provides a specific page with a collection of CBD-focused YouTube videos. Tap or click to visit our CBD YouTube page.
Or, you can tap or click Groovy Hemp Company YouTube Channel and subscribe. Many thanks!
And please take a few moments to stop by the recently relaunched Groovy Hemp Podcast Site. You can also find Groovy Hemp Podcast on many podcast channels including:
CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness, The Big Wrap-up
As always, our goal is to help educate you, the CBD, CBG, CBN, and CBDA consumer, so you can make better-informed CBD, CBG, CBN, and CBDA buying decisions.
Groovy Hemp Company is your CBD Online Marketplace, Order Today!
Please take a moment and tap or click Groovy Hemp Company YouTube Channel and subscribe. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and reading CBD Topicals for Muscle Soreness.
Please take a moment and visit our Organic CBD Topical Pain Relief page to learn even more.